Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fashion!

The fashion show!
Last night was bloody BRILLIANT! I definitely should not have been freaking out about the cocktail attire thing. And I am definitely glad I did NOT wear a cocktail dress. Those things should be known as "lady of the night" attire.
Still, I looked classy, in my brown skirt with Julie's silky shirt and my yellow thrift store heels! Kyle came to pick me up, and he was in a black dress shirt with a red tie! Too bad it was only at that point I thought we should have coordinated our attire, like going to prom. Now we were brown and black, and therefore could not be seen together!
Ha! Oh well. I sucked it up and was not a baby about the color thing.
We went to Tucson and found the place where the show was. It was on U of A campus, in a parking garage! Yes! A parking garage! The top floor had a tent that was all set up, with the runway and chairs and everything.
Kyle's sister Devani was one of the designers, so we were on the "guest list" aka the list of important people. Oh yes. We felt legit. Even more so when we walked in on the red carpet and the photogs took pictures of us! Like we were famous or something!
It was brilliant. The show was great, so cool.
Probably the lesson learned from this whole episode is: don't freak out over what you're going to wear. If you must freak out, freak out about matching with your date.
Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment