Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And More!

Remember how Saturday was a frabjous day? I should not have blogged in the middle of the day, because I missed out on some things that came after! So here goes.
When I got home, Carleigh and I were just watching some Arrested Development, when my phone rang. It was a Thatcher number that I did not recognize. I almost didn't answer, but good thing I did! It was Nicholas Barney, inviting me to go up canoeing at Frye Mesa with him and T Stevens and Marisa Brown!
How fortuitous! I've always wanted to go to Frye Mesa! Thank goodness for Nick Barney, helping me fulfill another EAC dream!
We drove up, hiked around, went ROCK CLIMBING! I was terrified. Seriously. Luckily, Nicholas is a gentleman of the first order and was very patient with me as I clung to the rock, requesting instructions on how to get where I needed to be!
We went out on the lake in our canoe, where T Stevens would not stop shifting around! We were in serious danger of capsizing and he just would not sit still! Awful.
Nick also took me down the catwalk on the dam, where you can stand on a platform and look out over the canyon and the river, and the waterfall is pounding down right next to you. There were yellow columbine flowers growing all down the canyon. It was gorgeous.
THEN! That night was the annual EAC luau! Aka the greatest time ever! I love the luau. There is great food, great friends. I think the friendliness partway stems from the knowledge that we'll all be gone soon, and these are some of the last good times we'll all have together here. It was a great party.
And my friend Adam Conte! Who knew that he could twirl fire?! Not me! He is a legit Polynesian. I was impressed and astounded at his abilities.
Also that night, Carleigh and I rode out to Red Knolls with Caitie Crandell, for perhaps our last fire out there with the crowd. It was a great time.
Saturday turned out to be an incredible day!
HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment