Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weather

I just looked up the weather for Anaheim, CA. Guess what will be there on the 22nd and the 23rd?
Fog. Yep. Fog.
HA! Well. At least it won't be blazing hot.
This morning my friend Brady Payne sent me a picture. He was in his chemistry lab down at EAC, and the picture was of a graph and lab write-up that I had done last year! It was super classy. My lab partner Alex had worked for an engineering company that previous summer, and so he was a pro at making our Excel graphs look super legit. On this particular instance, we printed to the wrong printer, and so our graphs printed out in the scrapbooking room, in super high color on glossy photo paper. We may or may not have gotten in a little trouble for that, and for the rest of the time in class, no one could print in color. . . . But whatever. Our teacher Mr. Shelton hung our glossy graph on the board, and apparently, it is still there! A nice memorial to Alex, who is on a mission, and me, who soon will be!
I will say that I miss chemistry. I loved that class. It was so interesting! I was reminded of that last night when me and Nolan started talking about hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids. Chemistry at EAC was so great. The first semester with Dr. Neary was a fog of confusion, through which I was helped by Aubre and Brady and Mitchell. But the second semester with wacky Mr. Shelton was a blast. I was the only girl in the class, so it was basically like having fourteen teasing older brothers everyday. We went on a field trip to the Morenci mine and it was amazing!
Good times. The good old EAC.
Did you know that the Eastern Arizona College Alma Mater is the tune of a hymn? Every time we sing the hymn in church, I can only think of the EAC words.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that every time I think of or hear the words "Alma Mater" the national anthem of Genovia comes into my head? It's true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that I knew the EAC Alma Mater before I knew that song was a hymn? Now you see where my true loyalties lie.

    ReplyDelete