Monday, October 25, 2010

Brilliancy on a Birthday

Ok. If Disneyland is normally the happiest place on earth, it is doubly so on your birthday. they give you a button that tells the world it's your birthday, and all the workers say happy birthday, and so do random people! And it is so great.
Plus. Blake bought me a hat that was the most ostentatious thing in the world. It was a shiny pink leopard print conical princess hat, with hot pink tinsel on the edge and the top and said "All Hail the Birthday Princess." It was obnoxious and I wore it the entire day. It wasn't hard for people to tell it was my birthday!
I got off work early on Thurday and drove in my sketchy (but loved!) car down to Globe, where I picked up Carleigh. She and I JAMMED our way into Mesa to Blake's house, which we found totally on our own, since Blake wasn't answering his phone! When we finally got to his house, he told us he'd had a crazy afternoon, which included his phone running out of battery just before we got there. Due to his crazy afternoon, he and Jeremy were not ready to go, so Carleigh and I went to Panda Express and ate dinner while creeping on a couple that we were pretty sure were Mormon on their first date. We tried to eavesdrop on their conversation to make doubly sure, but the group in the table next to us were talking too loudly about getting high. So.
When we got back to the house, we still had to wait because the boys had remembered an online art test they had to take for their class. No prob, though, because soon enough we were on the road to California!
So it's six hours from Mesa to Anaheim. We got there at three in the morning and went immediately to sleep in our hotel.
Remember how I was worried about fog? It seemed my worries were confirmed that next morning when I looked out the window. But it burned off by ten o'clock and it was a gorgeous day!
Blake styled his hair into a point at the front and said, "Look, I'm a Disney Channel star. Hey kids, I'm Mikey Shawn!" I have no idea where Mikey Shawn came from, but it set off the rest of our day, where we made up DC names for all of us and were in a DC group. I was Sally James, Carleigh was Daphne Scott, and Jeremy was Charlie Banks. Apparently, he was a gangsta, because it soon shortened to C Banks and he went around rapping.
Friday morning at DISNEYLAND: Space Mountain, very first thing. Of course! We cruised around the park all day, hitting every great ride. We ate gumbo! At the waterfront where everything is like New Orleans. And we saw Princess Tiana from The Princess and The Frog with her jazz band! Of course we rode It's A Small World, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones. Jeremy also wanted to play in Tarzan's Treehouse, so we did, along with all the six year olds. We got some weird looks from parents.
Disneyland closed at seven for a Halloween party deal, so we jaunted over to California Adventure. Right when we got there, there were glowing people on a blacklit stage doing a countdown for something. It was so entrancing, even though we had no idea what was going on, we followed them. Turns out, it was a GIANT DANCE PARTY, complete with glowing lights and blacklights and performers dressed as people from the new movie Tron! A whole dance party happy time to promote this new movie that we just happened to stumble upon! It was super brilliant. Maybe the coolest thing that happened.
Then we rode Tower of Terror! My first time ever! It was incredible! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Oh my gosh, just thinking back on all the GREAT AND CRAZY things that happened this weekend, I am so jittery! Just with joy and happiness!
At the end of Friday night, it was a little cold, so there was no one in line for the Grizzly Mountain water ride in CA Adventure. Of course we went like four times! We were FREEZING afterwards. We invented the grandma shuffle half jog walk to get to the car.
The next day was MY BIRTHDAY!!! We started the day at Disneyland City Hall, where they gave me my birthday button! Not only that, they give everyone in your party a button that says "I'm Celebrating!" Oh what a magical place. Then we went into California Adventure and rode every great ride. The rollercoaster! Brilliant. And Tower of Terror probably four times. And Soarin' Over California!
At night in California Adventure, they had a show called World of Color. It was all water fountains and colored lights and FIRE! It was so beautiful.
We all four linked arms and skipped around the park and generally acted like seven year olds. (Seven times three! WOO)
CA Adventure closed at ten, so we jaunted over to Disneyland and rode Splash Mountain. At the end of our second ride, the lady told us we could just stay on and ride through. And then she let us again! Three times in a row on Splash Mountain! It really is the most magical place on earth!
Jeremy had to work at seven the next morning, so we got out of Anaheim and on the road! While Carleigh and Blake slept in the back, Jeremy drove and I sat up front trying to stay awake to keep him awake. Basically, we only stayed awake at all because of the AWESOME dance mix Jeremiah burned me for my birthday. We totally jammed the whole time we were driving. Still, it was so hard to stay awake. My eyes kept half closing and I was hallucinating that white boats were on the road in front of us. Just so tired.
When we finally got to Mesa at six in the morning, Carleigh and Blake and I all crashed. Poor Jeremy had to get ready for work!
Carl and I woke up at ten and left Blake sound asleep. He told us to wake him up before we left, but I swear, that boy goes into a coma the moment his head hits the pillow! So we just left. Ha! I took Carleigh over to her sister's, and then I drove (in the valley, all by myself! First time ever!) over to the Institute and went to church with Jess! Then she made me delicious spaghetti for lunch and we ate some chocolate frosting for dessert.
And then, I drove home!
Probably the most brilliant weekend of my life. And now I'm 21! Woo!
To sum: I love Disneyland.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so you definitely had the most magical birthday and I am secretly a little jealous. . .thou shalt not covet . . .I'm so glad you had such a blast! It is definitely magical there!

    ReplyDelete