Friday, October 8, 2010

New Music!

- Hannah, by Freelance Whales. Maybe the most fun song of the week.
- Letdown, by This Providence. This song was in my head, so I turned it on to listen to it. The lyrics are actually a tad bit depressing, all about how this girl tells him he's a letdown. But it's all done to this super catchy beat and melody! It is way fun.
- Todo Cambio, by Camila. This is not a new song, but it's been on my playlist for the past week. Hooray for love songs in Spanish! Once, at college, we had a friend named Limhi who was from Hermosillo, and he would always come over and hang around with my roommate Nancy. She went to California on a Spanish speaking mission, so they would jabber away in Spanish all the time. One time, he was over, and I was listening to music while doing homework, and this song came on, and he said, "Hey! I know this song! Let me translate it for you." It is a lovely song. Feel free to look up the lyrics in English. Unless, you know, you speak Spanish. Then. . . just listen to it.
So this isn't a song, but here: The Doobie Brothers. Ha! My mom, in the mornings while she is cooking breakfast, she will put on her old records. Me and my brothers especially love the Doobie Brothers album.
- The Lightning Strike, by Snow Patrol. This song is like 16 minutes long, but every minute is completely worth it. It's divided up into three different sections, all the same song, but sounding a little different in each.
Probably this is all the music for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment