Friday, July 30, 2010

Ants

I came into work this morning, and there was army of ants going from one corner of the front office, all the way over to the other corner by the window.
On the other hand; thank goodness it's Friday.
On Wednesday night, my friend Jeremiah and I went to see the movie Inception. Mostly, what I got out of this movie was a reaffirmation of my celebrity crush on Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. That's good enough for me!
It was actually a really intense and interesting movie. You had to be paying really close attention, though. So if you're looking for a movie to lose yourself in and just relax, don't see thiss one.
Today in the office, the oldies station is playing, and I am having a ball!
I think I've decided my life course. When I get back from the mish, I'm going to be a hit dance club DJ by night, and a book critic by day. On a scale of one to ten, how perfect is that?! It's a ten. Because! All I ever do is read anyway! Wow. This is sounding better and better the more I think about it. Woo!
I just tried to turn in my application for my passport, and the photos were too small! Or something. In any case, they have really specific measurements for passport photos. I thought that by just having the Wal-Mart take care of it, everything would turn out alright. Right? I mean, they do offer that service. It's up there in the photo center, a giant poster with an older couple smiling inanely at their respective passports. And the poster says PASSPORT PHOTOS. Just like that. They should know what they're doing! Apparently, they didn't. And now I have to go get them retaken.
Incompetence is the bane of my existence.
Barbara Streisand just came on the radio.
One of the greatest movies is What's Up, Doc? starring Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neal. So funny.
One time at EAC, we had a movie night, and we all watched that movie and ate waffles. That was the first time that I had ever invited the hilarious boys from my English class to my apartment. Their names were Tanner and Bryan, and my roommates and I had always commented on how they were so funny in English class. That class erupted in hilarity every time we met, mostly because of those two boys in the front. One day in class, the teacher said something about "oversimplifying", whereupon Tanner said "Oversimplifying, you accuse me of oversimplifying, I never oversimplify!" in the exact manner and accent as the man on What's Up, Doc? I recognized the quote! I told him so, and thus was born our friendship!
When they came to our apartment, they brought friends with them. One was a great girl named Wendy Smith, who became on of my greatest friends at our second EAC year together. Another was a boy named Race Davis. That night of the movie, he was strangely antagonistic towards Barbara Streisand. In his exact words: "I hate Barbara Streisand, look at her nose!" You would think I would never be friends with a person such as that. That's what I thought too. But come three months later, and we were hanging out after our now joint second semester English class everyday. He turned out to be from Eagar AZ, and that summer, we both were EFY counselors in Show Low.
Those three boys, Tanner, Race, and Bryan, are all on missions now. In fact, today marks Bryan's one year mark. He is in Independence, Missouri. Tanner is in Brazil, and Race is in Guatemala.
Who would have thought that such great friendships could stem from Barbara Streisand?
Where did this post even start? How did we get to Barbara?
Don't ask me, I just wrote it.
On a scale of one to ten: The Beatles = 10.

2 comments:

  1. On a scale of one to ten: Your blog=10

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesomely amazing. . .so being an avid reader please share, I'm looking for something new right now because I'm technically a single parent since Scott works and goes to school so I read a lot and I need something new and fun.

    ReplyDelete