Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Theatre: A Night Of Brilliance

Remember how last week, I said I was trying to figure out a way to go to the school's production of The Importance of Being Earnest? All I wanted was to get everything done so I could go see that on Wednesday night.
Carleigh and I had made plans to go that night, because she knows I have class Thursdays and I would be gone Friday and Saturday. However, she completely lost her head when a cute boy asked her on a date for Wednesday night. Thus, I was left on my own to attend the play!
No way was that going down. Immediately to my mind came the name "Aaron Hatch". I haven't seen Aaron in quite a while, I said to myself. Perhaps he'd like to accompany me to this play!
We arranged to go, and I said "Aaron, please can we play the game of 'dressing up super classy to go to a low-key event'?", thinking we would wear church clothes. You know, just dressing up a tad.
At that point, Aaron said, "Yes! Let's do it! Will you wear your classy pink dress?"
With that, the dress up night was up and away!
My pink dress is a classy little forties number that makes me look like Rita Hayworth. No joke! Also, it takes two of my roommates to zip me into it. But once I'm in, I am not even mad, and I never ever want to take that dress off! To top off this classiness, I did my hair up and wore Carleigh's pearl necklace and earrings. Of course I borrowed her little silver clutch and found a scarf that was hastily turned into an evening wrap!
When Aaron showed up at my door, I was astounded to see this classy boy! In a legitimate tuxedo, with the crowning glory: a top hat and white gloves!
Off we went, to "The Theatre" (say it with a British accent.) Everyone was amazed to see us in all our class and shine!
Of course we carried it off with straight faces.
I'm chalking this one up to a lifelong dream fulfilled. Thanks to Aaron!

1 comment:

  1. Can I please see a picture of this. . .I love me some Rita Hayworth and some super classy dressing up for super low key events. . .Glad you enjoyed "The Theatre"

    ReplyDelete